According to the World Health Organisation, 60% of an individual’s health and quality of life is due to lifestyle behaviours.(1)
Simple changes to diet & lifestyle can have a dramatic impact on physical and mental wellbeing and reduce an individual’s risk of developing chronic illnesses such as diabetes, cardio-vascular disease and depression.(2)
Beth Hughes Nutrition can plan and deliver programmes or individual sessions covering a variety of wellness topics, tailored to your organisation's requirements.
You can see details of the 'Pillars of Health' wellness programme and examples of other topics we are able to deliver below. Please get in touch to discuss further.
- Bodai BI, Nakata TE, Wong WT, Clark DR, Lawenda S, Tsou C, et al. Lifestyle Medicine: A Brief Review of Its Dramatic Impact on Health and Survival. The Permanente journal. 2017;22.
- Abe M, Abe H. Lifestyle medicine – An evidence-based approach to nutrition, sleep, physical activity, and stress management on health and chronic illness. Personalized Medicine Universe. 2019;8:3–9.
"The sessions have been invaluable and we have had amazing feedback from all who have attended. This will definitely form part of our toolkit to raise awareness and support creating gender equality in our workplace.”
- Nicky Sanderson -
Head of UK Sales Solutions, Advantage Smollen
“I have personally found these sessions very informative and have shared much of the information with friends who have expressed envy as their employers have not been as generous with raising awareness or being sympathetic to their needs.”
- Anonymous -
Attendee of webinar series on perimenopause
The Pillars of Health Wellness Programme
Our signature wellness programme is delivered by registered nutritionist Beth Hughes and personal trainer and Pilates teacher Jo Buckingham.
Optimal health is multi-faceted. This 6 week programme covers the four key pillars:
- Stress Management
- Applicable to all, regardless of current state of health
- Educate and inspire
- Practical suggestions with a focus on action in each session
AT THE END OF THIS PROGRAMME PARTICIPANTS WILL :
- Understand the power of diet and lifestyle to improve their health, wellness and performance at work
- Better understand how their current diet and lifestyle choices are impacting their wellbeing
- Have a personalised action plan of simple diet & lifestyle changes they can adopt to improve their health and performance, including:
- Wellness tracker to monitor progress
- The Wellness plate – a template for building a healthy meal
- Full body resistance training programme – detailed instructions & resistance band to enable them to work out at home
- Handout summarising the key outputs from each session
- Certificate for all participants who complete the programme
In addition to the areas covered in the Pillars of Wellness programme, we also offer sessions on a variety of topics, including the following:
- Diet & lifestyle to support mental health
- Heartburn and acid reflux – what is it and how can diet and lifestyle help minimise symptoms?
- Menopause matters: As a one-off presentation or a more in-depth series designed to support women through this hormonal transition.
- Pilates for posture: 1 hour session focusing on lower back, hips and shoulders.
- 6 week Pilates course